Founder of the Annual Civil Engineering Workshop (ACE Workshop)
Zoubeir LAFHAJ, PhD in civil engineering, is full professor at the Graduate School of Engineering Ecole Centrale de Lille, – French Grande Ecole, and former Dean of International affairs, and member of the Executive Committee of the School (2008 -2015), responsible for the track (Planning, Construction and Environment).
Prof. Zoubeir LAFHAJ also develops a strong network of technology and knowledge transfer in national and international companies. He was elected as a member of the Board of Directors in the Competitiveness Cluster Team² (environmental technologies applied to materials and materials). He launched collaborative contracts and multiple partnerships with international and regional companies to participate in their development R & D and industrial leadership.
Prof. Zoubeir LAFHAJ leads a team of Researchers with industrial partners on 5 strategic Research thematics:
- Industry 4.0 in Construction
- 3D printing in the construction sector, notably the one with BOUYGUES: Project “Prototype 3D printing for construction”. This project is a pioneer in France.
- Energy Efficiency of buildings: thermal performance, software development.
- Lean Construction: the first PhD on Lean Construction in France (the French Context). Visualization, Last Planner, Lean methods application in the Construction value Chain.
- Prospection of innovative materials, characterization and valorization in civil engineering: examples are: self-healing materials, geo-polymer-based materials, intelligent materials etc.
Read more about his scientific publications: zoubeir.lafhaj.ec-lillle.fr
Key words: engineering, environment, materials, sustainable development, industry linkage, industry 4.0, research, project management, international, leadership, and governance.